Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offical PTs vs other PTs

whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
in General 606 karma

I couldn't find a posting on this, so out of curiosity,

I have a bunch of Kaplan PTs downloaded from the internet. Are they different from the official published LSAT PTs?

How many official ones are there? Where can you find all of the official ones? And are there other organizations that publish more/other/different PTs?

Cheers!

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Kaplan was using real questions from what I'd heard. Do they have LSAC permission and copyright information on them? If not, if you search where can I find all the LSATs, you'll get links to the PT books, which are published by the LSAC. And/or you can become a member on here and you'll get access per your subscription level.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

Thanks!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited July 2020 905 karma

I have a bunch of Kaplan PTs downloaded from the internet.

If you downloaded them NOT from Kaplan (ie didn't purchase), then you might not want to run the risk that they've been modified in some way by some uploader trying to be "funny."
    But if they are from Kaplan, they are official. A lot of libraries have the Kaplan bundled PT books, with explanations. Their individual PT booklets will be like this also. I don't think the explanations are very helpful, especially since they're written in the style of the main Kaplan book's breakdown, but we all work/learn differently and some books explain something in the perfect way to one person that another finds unhelpful.