Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Command F on Flex?

LetsDoThis2020LetsDoThis2020 Alum Member
in General 31 karma

Hi everyone, I figured I would ask this here since I am not sure where else to ask!
Does anyone know if we are allowed to use the command F feature on our computers to highlight words within text on the flex LSAT? This would be extremely helpful I think, especially for reading comp. I read someones comment on one of the preptests that LSAC has said they are allowing this, but it seems too good to be true... can anyone confirm (or deny)?
Thanks!

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4593 karma

Yes, you are allowed to use command F.

But they automatically highlight in yellow what the question referred to. So if it referred to the 2nd sentence of the 2nd paragraph, when you click on that question that sentence would already be highlighted for you. So I didn't find command F to be needed on the test :)

• LetsDoThis2020LetsDoThis2020 Alum Member
    31 karma

@Christopherr said:

But they automatically highlight in yellow what the question referred to. So if it referred to the 2nd sentence of the 2nd paragraph, when you click on that question that sentence would already be highlighted for you. So I didn't find command F to be needed on the test :)

Are you sure? Did LSAC specifically say you could use command F? It just seems like cheating... I dont want to do something I am not allowed to!
    Thanks for replying :)

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

This was confirmed by Powerscore awhile ago. Students used control F on both June and July Felx tests. Even if you don't like Powerscore's methods their Podcast t is one of the best places to go for LSAC news and policy changes. As far as helpful it is, I have been working with a group of people and most have tried different variations of control F. Even in the according to the passage questions, the questions often use synonyms. I find control F most helpful for the compartive passages where you have questions asking what was said in passage A but not passage B or except questions. I have another friend who uses it is a verifcation of sorts when he thinks he has the right answer and it works out well for him that way as well. I can and do most passages without using it at all though. It is nice to have as a back up but I wouldn't encoourage anyone to use as a primary tool.

• grecia.v.rivasgrecia.v.rivas Alum Member
    14 karma

@LetsDoThis2020 said:

@Christopherr said:

Are you sure? Did LSAC specifically say you could use command F? It just seems like cheating... I dont want to do something I am not allowed to!
    Thanks for replying :)

I reached out to LSAC before I took the July test and they confirmed that you were allowed to use command F!

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

I think we are allowed to use it because they cant find a way to block that feature.

• parso341parso341 Member
    93 karma

I used it on the July Flex and it saved me on the last passage when I was stretched for time! Practice using it for things like definition questions!

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

This has got me wondering if the LSAT writers will implement synonyms or descriptive language in lieu of using implicit words taken directly from the passage in the answer choices to avoid having test-takers fly through the Qs using the CTRL/command F feature.