Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to explain the LSAT

JurisJourdanJurisJourdan Alum Member
edited July 2020 in Off-topic 57 karma

Hey everyone, I am currently at a loss about how to explain what the LSAT is to someone who has never heard about it. I am trying to take less shifts at work explaining that I am overwhelmed with LSAT prep (taking aug test) along with my other two university courses. I feel like those who have never taken the test or prepped for it just don't understand the difficulty and instead seem doubtful of the workload a student who is prepping has and see it as an excuse.

Super random question I know, but its something I just don't know how to explain hahaha.

Thanks!!

Comments

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

I try to tell people that it's a lengthy multiple choice exam involving heavy logical reasoning and reading comprehension of information-intensive content under extreme time pressure. That it's not a matter of memorizing facts and regurgitating them back, but a matter of manipulating your mind through logic problems. I usually throw in the fact that the test writers understand the psychology of the average test taker and therefore do their best to make incorrect answers the most attractive.. and by then the person who asked is no longer interested in hearing anymore haha!