Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Humor break for the LSATPrep-weary: What being on Law Review will be like

Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
edited March 2015 in General 3438 karma
Here's what NYU Law students think what being on law review is like(not really)(well maybe) the rendition is based on the Disney movie Mulan's "I'll make a man out of you":

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" you might like this one better ;)
    3438 karma
    @emli1000 you might want to check this one out too... as may you @kendallM
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    What am I getting myself into =/
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Video not playing for some reason. But if you want entry to Law Review w/o competition, come to a Canadian law school where all are welcome on Law Review.
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    lol... its not that bad... quite fun actually... ok I'm exaggerating... no its not... its actually quite mundane & TEDIOUS... BUT it gets you a job ;)
    3438 karma
    @LSATisland lol just go to YouTube and type "I'll make a staff editor out of you"
    3438 karma
    Disclaimer... being on the Journal of Law and Broccoli will not be good for employment... but being on the main law journal will be :D
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Was one of my favourite movies as a kid. :P
    @"Dillon A. Wright" I love that movie too... and Eddie Murphy in it... though I did find the song a lil sexist... when I heard it later... but in those days... who had the awareness :P
    12637 karma
    @"Nilesh S" 90% of Disney's work is sexist. :(
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Yeah... especially the OLD movies of the actual Disney era... the Disney Princesses exist for the purpose of perpetuating sexist stereotypes imo... I cringe when I see Snow White these days... suffice it to say Disney would have thrown a fit or had a stroke if somebody had decided that Snow White wanted to not hunt for an ideal husband in Florian or any other prince & did not want to cook or swab or clean... but had decided go to law school instead because she wanted a career.
    12637 karma
    @"Nilesh S" Now I'm imagining Ariel & Cinderella commenting on the 7Sage course as they prep for the LSAT..
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Fun tidbit about good ol Walt though... you know how Disney is one of the big villains of the Copyright industry... because they keep on lobbying (rather successfully I might add) to extend expiry so that they can keep on milking Mickey mouse and associated Disney creations... well Mickey himself was the creation of an ip disaster... Walt had created a character called Oswald the Lucky Rabbit which he lost the IP rights to and so he created Mickey.. who people never thought would be as successful as Oswald... and the rest as they say is history.
    LOL ... hahaha that is a thought Dillon :D
    12637 karma
    @"Nilesh S" I remember reading about that somewhere, I think.
    Yeah some of the old Oswald cartoons can be found on YouTube... doesn't matter in the long run as Disney got back Oswald recently.
  • kendallMkendallM Free Trial Member
    66 karma
    Omg the lsat will tire me out before law school
    3438 karma
    haha @kendallM this is just the beginning... there are two ways Law School can go... it can be painful... or it can be painful :P just kidding... it will be fine and LSAT prep will be over before you know it too.
  • Hannah ParkHannah Park Core Member
    19 karma

Totally appreciate the positive energy - what a lift for those of us studying for the entrance exam! Appreciate it :D