Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C&F/ GPA Addendum overlap help

Lana KaneLana Kane Alum Member

I'm working on addenda for one of my applications and noticed I've got some overlap happening. C&F asks about "sanction or discipline" from an academic institution, which I'm assuming includes academic probation which I was on for withdrawing from too many classes.

Then there's a GPA addendum prompt which asks for an explanation if "grades for one or more semesters were markedly different from those in the other semesters" which also applies to me, once I transferred my GPA was significantly higher. My explanation for this is that I was working 40 hrs a week on top of a full course load and 19 year-old me didn't have the time management skills to make it work. This is more focused on, here's what happened, here's what I learned, here's proof I did better.

How do I write the C&F addendum without it sounding like I'm reiterating what I wrote in my GPA addendum? Just facts and no "lesson learned?"

*If it matters at all I'm old now and the semesters in question were 11+ years ago and I've been done with undergrad for 7 years.