Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 weeks, 4 points?

edited August 2020 in General 36 karma

With just under three weeks until the August flex, I am persistently testing 156. I have tested higher, and reached my goal of 160 once last week. 160 is my goal, but I can't seem to make it stick. A 156 on flex is really only 4-5 questions off of a 160, but I am struggling to close the gap. Any suggestions on how to get those extra points in the final stretch? My weaknesses continue to be both LG and RC. Wondering if I should reschedule until Oct or give this one a shot (first write). I'd love to hear your experiences with score fluctuations in the final few weeks of study :)

Comments

• LG for173LG for173 Yearly Member
    27 karma

Hi! If you want to gain some extra points quickly, I would focus on drilling the logic games. Take the games that you find difficult or don't finish in the recommended time and keep completing the game (5,10,15 times if necessary) until you can make all inferences and complete the game in the right amount of time. If you are struggling with the SA or MBT questions in LR, strengthening your logic will definitely help with both LG and LR. RC is really difficult to improve on. I try to read actively and stay engaged with the articles while also focusing on the tone and POV of the author. Regarding timing, it's always better to have more time to prepare. But, this test also stinks to study for so it's really preference.

Good luck!

• 36 karma

@"LG for173" said:
    Hi! If you want to gain some extra points quickly, I would focus on drilling the logic games. Take the games that you find difficult or don't finish in the recommended time and keep completing the game (5,10,15 times if necessary) until you can make all inferences and complete the game in the right amount of time. If you are struggling with the SA or MBT questions in LR, strengthening your logic will definitely help with both LG and LR. RC is really difficult to improve on. I try to read actively and stay engaged with the articles while also focusing on the tone and POV of the author. Regarding timing, it's always better to have more time to prepare. But, this test also stinks to study for so it's really preference.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response! I will definitely be taking the advice. haha "this test also stinks to study for" I couldn't relate more. Best wishes to you in your studies. Cheers

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

Logic games... over and over and over and over and over, until you've mastered them!

• LawHokageLawHokage Yearly Member
    129 karma

Fool proof logic games until you can get -0 and you will consistently score within the threshold you are looking for.