Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Complete and accurate list LG question HELP!

kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
in General 1687 karma

Hi,

I'm always confused about these questions. I don't understand if the question is asking you all the potential objects that can belong in the group, or the potential objects in the group in one instance.

For example (Prep Test 43, Question 18): "Which of the following could be a complete and accurate list of each of the office buildings that the falafel tuck serves?"

A. X
B. X, Z
C. X,Y,Z
D. Y,Z
E. Z

A, B, and E can be eliminated based on the fact that the stimulus provides that F must serve Y. The answer is D because the question meant "in one scenario". However, I read it as "all the potential trucks" the Falafel truck could serve. In one possibility, F serves Y,X and in another Y,Z. So potentially, F could serve all 3 leading me to answer choice C.

I'm definitely reading this question wrong. Can someone please explain to me the wording difference between when they ask for all potentials vs. in one possibility?

Comments

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    614 karma

Hello,

This is complicated because it's heavily based on language. Since this question asked what could be a complete and accurate list of the stops the falafel truck vists, that suggests it's just one instance since it's asking what could be correct. If it was referring to the complete list of possibilities in every specific instance, it would ask something like which of the following is a complete and accurate list of all the stops any one of which could be visited by the falafel truck.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited August 2020 4306 karma

Hey so just a quick tip to get you to the answer choice in this specific scenario is; One of the rules indicates that "The falafel truck serves exactly two of the office buildings." This means that at any given time it will only have two options, so you can eliminate C because it could never serve all 3 simultaneously.

For LG there are three Q's types regarding possible placement;
    1) "Which one of the following is a partial list of Falafel trucks that could serve office X" This is essentially saying "Of the given answer choices, which one does not violate the rules if they are together and could be in that space"
    2) "Which one of the following could be a list of Falafel trucks that serve office X" This is essentially saying any possibility. For this you want to review each element alone, and if that doesn't violate the rule then it works. Think of this as the opposite of partial list, the elements given in the AC are not reviewed together as a whole but as individual parts.
    3) The example you gave, "Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list" This is essentially saying look at all the rules you were given and put those together, from that, which list has to be valid. The best way to approach this type of question is to apply each of the rules to all of the answer choices and cross off any answer choices that violate the rule.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Thank you SSBM, and Law & Yoda. I get the 'could be' and the 'complete and accurate' questions flipped all the time.