Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deciding when to take the LSAT!

WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
edited August 2020 in General 476 karma

HI all,

My friend has been pushing me to take this test this year. She went to T14 so her words carry some weight but I feel conflicted. !f you could share some of your thoughts it will be greatly appreciated!

Quick history of my preparation:
I studied LR for 3 months and I am at -8 to -12.
I studied LG for 3 months and I am at -4 to -0
However, I have not taken a single RC section. I have read all RC passages from PT1 to PT35 and watched all JY's explanation videos for these but my reading time for passages is anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes with comprehension level of 3 out of 5. It's not where it needs to be for me to do well in this section imo.

Also, my stamina is not that great. After doing LR translations for 3 sections I am fried.
I can't imagine taking additional LG and RC section on top of this during the real LSAT.

My goal score is 164+ Here's the dilemma:
If I take the 3-section Flex (November) I can take advantage of the shorter test but I wont be ready.
If I take the 5-section 'Real' (sometime next year) I plan on studying for 6 more months but I know I wont be able to perform as well because my stamina is terrible (which may or may not improve)

The best scenario is if LSAC decides to do Flex for some tests in 2021 but this is of course not guaranteed. I personally think there's a high probability that LSAC will do flex for earlier tests next year so I'm very tempted to wait.

P.S.
Those who are tired and feel like giving up, I am right there with you! My translation for a single LR section sometimes take 1-2 hours. I have stagnated and felt depressed about lack of progress too but I'm learning to appreciate even the smallest of improvements (small is not so small!). Celebrate these incremental improvements and keep fighting! I believe we will all be where we want to be at the end :).

Cheers,