Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how are the newer (52+) tests different?

PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
edited March 2015 in General 359 karma
just wondering if other people think the newer prep tests feels quite different than the earlier ones? I was doing pretty well with the older tests and just switched over the newer tests and not doing so well all of the sudden (4.3 point drop on avg). LGs felt immensely easier, averaging -1 at the moment with 10 minutes to spare. But RC felt a lot more tricky, not so much the questions themselves but the answer choices seem to have more/better attractive wrong answers. LR seems to be less structured as well, but i think i can get this section to catch up pretty soon.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Well they show the new trend... also... they have comparative passages.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    The only major structural change is the start of the RC comparative passage. (Passage A vs Passage B)

If we're talking about nuances here, LG got a bit more standard in the 50's but also the LG Rule substitution began sometime in the late PT 50's. In recent years LG has gotten trickier though that may not fit the conventional game types.

People claim RC has gotten even "harder" into the PT 60's and 70's. This is all subjective of course but in my personal experience I have had a harder time with the newer RC.

People claim that LR, among the 3 sections, stayed the most consistent besides maybe trickier answer choices and the fact that harder questions are more spread out versus say 15-22ish. It's possible the hardest or second hardest question can be like Question #9.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    RC shows comparative passage(s).