Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Should I take the November LSAT or stay on track for October?

hhhakobianhhhakobian Alum Member
edited September 2020 in General 89 karma

So I don't know if it's too late to petition to change my October Exam to November, but if it is I do have a question and I'm not sure which is wiser; should I change to November? Some background info; not applying this year, retaking a 163, underperformed last time and afraid to repeat, pting average of -.6 LG, -4.3 RC, -2.5 LR over past 10ish tests.
Flex places a higher importance on RC which is something that impacts me greatly since my range is from -3 to -6, and a -6 in RC on test day pretty much forces me to only miss 1 question just to get a 170. I'm working on RC but I'm not sure I can drop a -4 to a more reasonable score.
For the record, when I last took the LSAT I was pting around 171 and with my current pt's I really want to be done with the LSAT. Apologies if it seems like a flex, but I'm more concerned with underperforming what I seem to be able to get. Also due to recent strides in RC from an average of -5.1 (a little worse since I'm discounting some tests that I can't find records of) to this I was a little optimistic.
I'm not really sure, maybe I don't have much of a choice and have to take the October or cancel, which I'm not going to do, I'd rather just take it, but I thought I'd ask for advice.
Thanks in advance! Good luck in your journey, if you have any questions otherwise feel free to ask.

Edit: Thanks for your responses everyone, if you did have questions about LSAT tips or anything I'm happy to answer but now I'm confused, the test change link is for 2018....as in the dates are referring to test date changes from 2018 on the petition to change my test date.

Comments

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

I’m in a super similar situation score wise & with RC fluctuating except I’m not retaking and I really want to apply this fall. I am curious what people say, but since you aren’t applying for next year, I would consider postponing if LSAC will let you. I get wanting to just be done but you might kick yourself later if you think you could have done better with more studying. You can do it!

• sushilover930sushilover930 Core Member
    76 karma

I would agree with these guys! If you're not looking to apply this year, I would postpone. :)

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

@mendoza808 we have until sept 25 to request a coupon instead but the deadline to register for the November lsat is sept 23. I’m not certain if that applies with the coupon, but you should keep it in mind.

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

Since youre not applying this year I dont see the issue with postponing a little. I did the same thing with August; I postponed my August test to October. At first it felt like the wrong decision but when my PT score increased by 6 points average then I knew I made a good choice!!! Shoot for that 170 on test day. YOU GOT THIS

• hhhakobianhhhakobian Alum Member
    89 karma

Thanks to everyone, I'm just ready to get this over with and also I'm afraid of my computer not working on test day which would suck too.

• faezkmo29faezkmo29 Yearly Member
    11 karma

Similar situation, and I have decided to take both October and November. If you have the funds, I think that is the best option (minus burnout concerns).