Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chances of getting in to Canadian law schools

Hey everyone, I just got my August LSAT score and it was a 157. I know, and knew before hand that I will be re-writing again. But just wondering if anyone has any experience or knows anyone who has been admitted in to Canadian law schools. Would a 157 and a 4.0 GPA with good softs make me a potential candidate for any schools? (I know the stats are posted on websites, but am looking for a more personal contact) Just looking for a bit of peace of mind until I can rewrite and get into the 160s

Comments

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    edited September 2020 541 karma

You're pretty competitive as is everywhere with the exception of Osgoode, U of T, UBC, McGill. Basically the "elite" schools.

I would be very surprised if you didn't get in anywhere with a 4.0 and a 157. Your GPA is enough to essentially bring you to the median for every single school except the ones I mentioned.

• @"Hans Zimmer" Thank you so much for your response! I'm really hoping so. Best wishes to you on your studying and LSAT.

• salmabrkt19salmabrkt19 Core Member
    16 karma

I am in the same boat as you (but your GPA is amazing!!). Went to UofT for undergrad and got a 161 on the August LSAT (first try), but my GPA is only a 3.2 (I had to work full-time and study full time for my last two years of undergrad). I feel like it would be better for me to write the LSAT again to see if I can get a 166 since I really want to go to UofT. I can’t decide if I’m dreaming since UofT Law is crazy competitive.