Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I report GRE and LSAT?

I ended up taking the GRE a while ago and got a 169 verbal (98 percentile) and 156 quant (59 percentile). Definitely not pleased with the quant score but decided not to retake. I took the LSAT and my highest reported score is 165 (and I will not be retaking). Should I consider sending in my GRE score along with the LSAT score where I have a choice? Or is it a bad idea given my poor quant score?

Comments

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

once you take the LSAT and have an official LSAT on record, that's all that matters. Law schools will only look at your LSAT. Your GRE is now irrelevant.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2020 4306 karma

Depends on the school you are applying to...some require you to submit your GRE score if you have taken it within the last 5 years, i.e Harvard. If you're applying somewhere that there is an option as to whether you can or not, I probably wouldn't and just let the LSAT score carry the weight.

• T14plssssT14plssss Member
    134 karma

I have an almost identical GRE score, so I'm curious too. Ultimately GRE is not what the schools report to the ABA and it has no bearing on their ranking, so I imagine it basically doesn't matter.