Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR drop!

I went from averaging like 6-7 to 10+ in my 3 or 4 recent PTs, I mean does it get harder in the 80s or what is going on ? I am taking the test in a week so I guess it's panic time

Comments

• KyleM511KyleM511 Member
    34 karma

I have been taking a number of practice tests the last couple of months and was consistently (slowly) improving my score. Then a couple of weeks ago I had three tests in a row where I completely bombed RC. I took some time to go over those sections and noticed dumb mistakes that I would have normally noticed. The next test I just slowed my self down a bit and focused and am back to where I was and doing better.

I think I was simply not focused and just going through the motions after having done so many. Theres a good chance you are getting into your head. Clearly you know LR fairly well given you were getting -6 regularly, so just go back to breaking down each question and relaxing a bit and just using your intuition. Some fluctuation is totally normal and it sucks if it happens so close to the test, but don't let it psych you out, remind your self you know how to do it and don't let a couple of bad scores get you down. just stay focused.

Hope this helps, Im also writing the OCT test in a week so best of luck!!

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

If you haven't done BR via video chat then you should.
    After I b.reviewed one LR section via video chat, which took two days, my understanding of the test has improved more than for a month of previous work, and accordingly score.

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

@Constantine what do you mean by BR via video chat?

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

Blind review with your study buddy