Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to chain and when NOT to chain in In/Out Games??

arunima.b12arunima.b12 Core Member
in Logic Games 112 karma

Hi! I am confused when I should chain the conditional statements to make inferences and when I shouldn't in the In/Out games. I noticed that when JY explains the games where each of them connects in some way, sometimes he chains them and then makes inferences, and sometimes he doesn't. So I am not sure when I SHOULD NOT chain? If the conditions connect to each other in a chain then why is he not doing it in some while doing it in others? Also, I have been chaining the games whenever I can because that helps me make inferences, sometimes that helps me get the answers right, sometimes it doesnt. So I am not sure what I should do.

Comments

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    edited October 2020 186 karma

Definitely chain when you can! You're exactly right. It'll help you to make crucial inferences more quickly. I wouldn't give any weight to JY's choice not to...

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

During practice and BR always chain so that you build up to intuitively knowing when it should chain up. Some games it may be more clear to not chain certain inferences such as PT 31 S1 G2. As you do more and more games you’ll find a way that works best for you.