Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming cycle

dixondenell97dixondenell97 Core Member
in General 21 karma

Is it too late to take the February LSAT for the Fall 2021 year? I've been studying since August and I'm not sure if I'll be prepared to take the LSAT in January.

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

It depends what schools you’re planning on applying to. A lot of the top schools stop accepting applications in February. Also, because admissions work on a rolling basis, the later you apply (generally after November) the lower your chances of admission as well as scholarship money.

• lawyerinalawyerina Member
    18 karma

It doesn't hurt to apply after the feb test and see what happens. If you don't like your result just retake and re-apply

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

Better to take the exam when you're ready versus taking it when you aren't. An earlier application might give you a boost, but that boost can be offset by a poorer LSAT score. So, if you know that you can improve your LSAT score and still get your application in for the cycle, then you should absolutely do that. As mentioned above, you could always apply after the Feb exam and go from there. If you’re already a strong candidate for the schools you are applying to, I doubt sending the app earlier will be a deal breaker.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

You can also register for Jan and then evaluate before the cancellation deadline and push it back if need be

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

The only school that says timing does not matter at all is Yale. Every other school functions on a rolling admissions basis. So if you are targeting YLS and score 175+ in February, then shoot your shot. Otherwise you are doing yourself a disservice by not applying in a later cycle