Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slightly modifying Ultimate Course study schedule...

bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
in June 2015 LSAT 269 karma
I am currently registered for the June 2015 LSAT. This is my second shot after getting in the mid-160s a couple of years ago. Prep method at the time was some Powerscore skimming, a few PTs, and lots and lots of liquor. I finished the Ultimate curricular lessons a few weeks ago and have started doing the PTs.

I work full time and probably won't be able to take more than half of the PTs in the curriculum. I also purchased the most recent ones that are not included in the package. I was thinking about taking the even or odd numbered ones only (i.e. 42, 44, 46,...72, 74) for the June test for a couple of reasons: making sure I get some practice on the more recent (and relevant) PTs, but also leaving some in the hopper and keeping them "pristine" in case I want to give it another go in October.

I am hitting the 170s using the proctor app and 180 for Blind Review. But, hey, I can always screw up on test day, right? The data in the control group is too small right now to make assumptions anyway. Feel pretty good where I am though.

Thoughts? Should I just burn through in sequence or just focus on doing half the PTs? There are specific reasons I have to take the test in June that I don't want to delve into, but I will if asked. Just try to refrain from the "don't take it in June and just wait until October/December" advice if you can.

Liquor is still a part of my prep, but JY says I have to give it up 2 months out. Which is a week from today. FML.

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    How about doing the most recent PTs instead of odd numbers?
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Or maybe try taking every June PT since you'll be taking the June LSAT?
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I'm in a similar dilemma I will get to the PT stage next month. I am retaking in October. I work full-time and I know I will not be able to take all the PTs. I don't know how many PTs you are thinking of taking a week. I think taking all odd or all even PTs is a good idea but perhaps once you get to recent tests say PT 65 or higher (totally random number) take all the tests if time permits. Best wishes.