Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time back on LSAT FLEX disconnections

lsatting2lsatting2 Member
in General 33 karma

Hello,

I was wondering if proctors are required to give you time back if you disconnect due to problems with your wifi. I had on the last exam and the proctor let me continue, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to get time back if it happens again. Thank you!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8486 karma

They're supposed to be able to stop the clock. I don't know if you get time back for the lag between your connection going out and them doing so, but lost time is usually grounds for a cancel+retake or coupon. There is quite a bit of inconsistency between proctors as well as between LSAC reps when you call to report your issue.

• leannafrazer-1leannafrazer-1 Core Member
    59 karma

Interesting. I wrote the October Flex and my wi-fi crapped out twice. Proctor U and LSAC told me they absolutely can not add time back or stop the clock because, in theory, you could be thinking about the answer(s) in your head during the disconnected time, since you were already exposed to some of the questions, and would then have "extra" time or an advantage. I complained since my wi-fi issues stopped me from getting to the last few questions and received a credit for the November test and they cancelled my October score.
    I do recognize though that because this whole setup and process is new they are quite inconsistent and just dealing with issues as they arise.

• 1952 karma

hmm i'm not sure if something like this has been done in the past.
    mine was disconnected for a while which significantly affected my performance. lsac told me to just finish the exam with the time lost. and later, i got a coupon for a chance to cancel my score and reschedule it to another date.