Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Questions that aren’t Required

Does it matter if you answer questions on law school applications that are not required? For example, should you answer what other law schools you’re applying to if it’s not required, and other types of questions like that. And how many hours a week you worked at certain jobs, because that fluctuated for me so can I leave that blank since it will let me?

Comments

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

@"Christina Walton" i answered some of the not required and left others blank. I regret putting all the schools i'm applying to now, because i have gotten holds on two applications that are most likely yield protecting. Meaning they think there's a small chance i will go there, so they want me to send in a letter of interest, supplemental info, etc. If i were you, I wouldn't answer that question, or else just put a few of your stronger schools to make you look competitive! That's how i would have done it going back.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

No I think it should be fine. For the job with hours fluctuating, I would definitely recommend putting some kind of average estimate because it can add useful context to your application.