Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to recognize set up

horsegirl.jpeghorsegirl.jpeg Alum Member

LG is by far my worst section, my biggest issue is recognizing what set up a game needs when they're a bit more complex. What do you think is the best way to practice recognizing what set up a game requires?

Comments

• hayelf17hayelf17 Member
    38 karma

One thing that I find useful for questions with difficult setups is looking at the first question. The first question is usually a sequencing question, and it'll tell you what the groups you should use are vs what variables go into the groups. Hope this helps!

• horsegirl.jpeghorsegirl.jpeg Alum Member
    60 karma

thanks!

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

@hayelf17 said:
    One thing that I find useful for questions with difficult setups is looking at the first question. The first question is usually a sequencing question, and it'll tell you what the groups you should use are vs what variables go into the groups. Hope this helps!

Yes- definitely this. Nothing more frustrating than realizing you've set your game board up opposite the way the questions are worded after you're already set up. I find the back and forth very confusing. Another tip: Read all of the rules, write them down, then re-read them before setting up your board. I can't tell you how many times I've set up incorrectly because I misread or overlooked a tiny detail.

• horsegirl.jpeghorsegirl.jpeg Alum Member
    60 karma

@lilpingling said:

@hayelf17 said:

Yes- definitely this. Nothing more frustrating than realizing you've set your game board up opposite the way the questions are worded after you're already set up. I find the back and forth very confusing. Another tip: Read all of the rules, write them down, then re-read them before setting up your board. I can't tell you how many times I've set up incorrectly because I misread or overlooked a tiny detail.

yep same. any time I bomb a game I've made a set up error and made it nearly impossible to answer correctly.