Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic on the Florida Ballot

garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
edited November 2020 in Off-topic 186 karma

Excuse me while I nerd-out for a moment. On the ballot today in Florida is Amendment 1 or Citizen Requirement for Voting Initiative, which would change the language of Florida's constitutional rules about voting from "every citizen of the United States... shall be an elector" to "only a citizen of the United States... shall be an elector."

C of U.S. --> E
vs.
E --> C of U.S.

The argument for the amendment: "The current language of the constitution states who CAN vote but not who can't (i.e. non-citizens)."

The argument against the amendment: "It's just another shady, low-key xenophobic tactic to suppress voters."

GOOOOO lawgic.

Comments

• Homie__CHomie__C Member
    20 karma

Lol, as another Florida native that voted early, the 'lawgic' on most of those amendments were a big yikes. Especially with 1,3, and 4. Proud of you for voting and we gonna crush the LSAT!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Thank you for voting! And yes, a good reminder that as annoying as the LSAT is, the skills we're learning are definitely going to make us more critical readers