Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing until Mastery

axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
edited November 2020 in Logic Games 256 karma

Hi 7Sage!

I have been foolproofing all logic games from PT 1-35 the past 2 months now. I am currently on PT 19 and foolproofing until mastery just like the other logic games. I am doing this because logic games is my weakest section and I continue to take around 15-20 min on a normal game averaging 1 or 2 missed questions. Logic games and puzzles in general have always came a bit slow to me. Hopefully if I keep practicing i'll improve on logic games.

That being said, ****my question is: how many logic game sections did it take you to where you became comfortable with the logic games and were scoring well in the section?****

Like I said, i'm on PT 19 and I still have timing issues, hit roadblocks here and there to where I just don't understand the rules and how they are worded, and still get a few questions wrong.

Hope this makes sense, thanks 7Sage!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited November 2020 4306 karma

Hey there! I also drilled PTs 1-35 and kept track of my progress on an excel sheet. It looks like I was able to consistently go -0 under timed conditions starting with PT 29. Between PTs 1-18 I was getting -2 or more wrong, between 18-28 I was getting -1/-2 under the recommended time. I would be able to go -0 a week after returning to those games but I didn't see all my "hard work" until after PT 29! Ultimately my goal drilling 1-35 wasn't so much to perfect my timing but to really understand how to make inferences and create an ideal game board. As you become better at this time becomes your friend. I'm now able to consistently complete a full problem set with 8-10 minutes remaining and typically end with -0/-1 in the set.

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Ditto to @"Law and Yoda"

I have also been foolproofing from the PT 1. It has been three weeks, and I am at PT 10. It's slow and steady work.

We can do it. I would also say focus less on timing and more on understanding!