Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or not?

Troy_BackosTroy_Backos Core Member
edited November 2020 in November 2020 LSAT 22 karma

Hi everyone, I recently took the lsat flex in November. Based on numerous practice tests I have taken, my intuition is telling me I didn’t achieve the score I had looked for. I’m in a weird position because I have one absence on my record due to an illness on test day. I also took the lsat in June and I got a 153. If I cancel the November flex will it look really bad? Those who I have talked to said things happen in regards to the absence, but I am worried if I cancel this November flex it will look bad on my application. I also believe my score is less than a 153 so I think a lower score would look worse than a cancellation. Some insight would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

From what I've heard on various law admissions webinars, a cancellation or two on your record isn't something that will seriously concern admissions. If you feel the score is lower than your 153 on record, I personally would cancel. Admissions likes to see upwards trends, no matter how arduous it feels to get a higher score.

• Troy_BackosTroy_Backos Core Member
    22 karma

It was just a bad day for me. I know my potential and I don't want any score to reflect me at my worst. Thank you.

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

I’m also in the same situation and would like some feedback. I had to cancel my first exam due to proctor issues and have an exam on record that’s similar to @Troy_Backos. I took the November exam and I couldn’t concentrate at all. My dog of 13 years has just unexpectedly passed away the day before my exam and I was crushed and still still sad about this. Would it look bad to have two exams on record that show cancel ?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

@yazminse I think you'll be fine, because you have reasonable explanations of why you cancelled your scores. Your dog of 13 years passing away is horrible, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

• 1952 karma

i don't think one or two cancellations aren't going to be a serious red flag, especially given the nature of the flex exams and the admissions being wary of the possible internet interruptions or the changes in the testing environment.
    if you're certain (close to 100%) that you've scored lower than before, i think a cancellation will still look better than the lower score. but again, i also heard some people reporting higher scores than they thought they did.
    so if you're wondering if a score less than a 153 (your previous score) would look better than a cancellation, i would vote no; i think a second cancellation will still look better than the lower score.