Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January 2021 Study Group for those in scoring mid-160s, primary focus: RC?

_iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
edited November 2020 in Study Groups 437 karma

Hi guys!

Reading Comprehension is the bane of my existence. Ugh. I just got really complacent - my diagnostic RC section was my highest, so I thought to myself: I mostly need to spend time on LR and LG. Totally overlooked improving RC and now here I am...

Thankfully, I've made huge gains on both LR and LG compared to when I first started studying, and I generally average -4 LR and -3 LG (-0 BR). Right now, I'm averaging around -7 on RC, but on a bad day that could be -10, on a good day -4. I really need to reduce that range.

I'm looking for those in the same boat (good LR/LG, weakest RC) so that maybe we could help keep each other accountable (we know how dreadful studying for RC is) and share tactics/strategy skills and boost morale. Looking to form an inclusive and welcoming group hyper-focused on improving RC. If anyone's interested and taking the Jan 2021 exam, please comment below or PM me! Thinking of doing Zoom sessions, maybe twice a week, and also focusing on the newer PTs i.e. 60-80s.

P.S. Plz only join if you intend to come to sessions focusing on RC!

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

I'm up for it, but what do we do if we are stuck on the same question?

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

@"ashley.tien" I suppose we look to other resources! Although, if more people decide to join, at least having a discussion about the right/wrong answers would be insightful.

I find doing RC studying by myself so dull and monotonous, so I'm hoping being around others, while working toward the same goal, will help motivate everyone!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

Let’s give it a try
    When and what PT would you like to start on

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    edited November 2020 437 karma

@"ashley.tien" I'll PM you

• ypt_3437ypt_3437 Member
    67 karma

Hey! I'm in the same boat, generally -2 LR, -0 LG, -10 RC. Really want to improve RC. I'll PM you!

• mariaye0604mariaye0604 Alum Member
    79 karma

I want to give it a try too! My RC is between -3 ~ - 6, very inconsistent, and it's dragging my overall PT to below 170. My other sections: -1/-2 LR, -0~-2 LG. When and which PT would you like to start with?

• naknar11naknar11 Member
    26 karma

I'm interested too!

• EmmmmmzEmmmmmz Core Member
    72 karma

Im interested! :)