Help137

probleskproblesk Core Member
edited December 2020 in January 2021 LSAT 11 karma

Hi, I took the LSAT in August scored a 138. I retook in November and used the LSAT Trainer and really studied. I scored a 134. I dont even know how thats possible. What do you guys think I can score by January Lsat?? I don't understand why I'm doing so bad. I start 7 sage today.

Comments

• dpenadpena Member
    103 karma

I recommend that you do not take any official LSATs again just yet. I was stuck in the 130s and 140s for a while. I really recommend that you begin fool proofing the logic games.

The best resource is: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

I saw a huge jump in a matter of weeks using this method. I also recommend the Power Score Logical Reasoning Bible. It provides the fundamentals in LR! Best of luck! Keep going!!

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    844 karma

I agree with @dpena. Sign up for the exam when you are consistently scoring at your target score or above on timed practice tests. Take your time studying, find out ways to make it fun using your specific learning style. Be easy on yourself and give your self a fair chance instead of rushing it. Breathe,you got this, one day at a time.

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Hi there!!

Don’t worry. Even though you are not getting the scores you want, you CAN get the scores you want. Before you sign up for an official exam make sure you are achieving your goal scores during practice tests.

I think most people need like 3-6 months at least to study before taking a full exam. Lots of people, including myself, take longer than that.

Don’t give up!

• 1952 karma

it's great that you're starting on the 7sage curriculum! i'm a visual learner, so i liked using 7sage and learning from the videos.
    i recommend that you really take time to digest the materials.
    before you start taking pts or work on test-testing strategies or whatnot, i recommend getting your foundations strong first.

once you finish the curriculum or if you have other questions, let us know - this community is really supportive and i'm sure someone will be happy to help!

good luck!

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited December 2020 815 karma

Not taking enough PTs and not reviewing why you really got something wrong. I'm guessing you just registered for the tests and did not really practice in between. The score differential from your first to your second is proof of that. Not a good idea to register for January, 2021. You will not improve 10+ points by that time. Change the test date to April, 2021 and you have a shot to really improve.

I would suggest going through 7Sage, doing the problem sets untimed, and buying The Loop Hole by Ellen Cassidy (first chapter on reading will help you a ton).

PS: You do know there is a 7 time limit on taking tests now, so once you hit 7 tests; you cannot take anymore for your entire life.

• I recommend not taking in January. It's better to go through the 7sage curriculum first and only then start practice tests. I don't know if that'll be possible in one month– it's generally advisable to take as many practice exams as possible, and that should take a lot longer than a month if you're doing 4 or 5 exams a week. Do NOT apply to law school with a sub-150 score. If you cannot crack the 150 barrier for any reason, I don't know how you'll fare when law school exams and the bar exam come around.

OP, the most important thing here is to not give up hope. The LSAT is a learnable exam– they repeat the same questions year after year, and it's all about learning the patterns. A good score is attainable if you put in the work. Look no further than the 7sage lsat/admissions forum: people started in the 130s and ended up in the 170s after many months of diligent work. In my case, my diagnostic was a low 140 and I ended up getting a high 160s score, and next year I'll be going to a t30 school with a full tuition scholarship. Granted that it took me over 1 year of studying, I think it was worth it.

Best of luck!