Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which games to pick to warm up morning of January LSAT?

kylienoelkylienoel Member
edited December 2020 in Logic Games 10 karma

Hey y'all. I went through the entire logic games curriculum several months ago and I'm currently making my way through every logic games section of the PTs on LawHub. I take a timed section each morning and then immediately go over it with the videos. I notice that sometimes I don't make inferences as quickly as should for how long I've been studying and I feel like I'm going to need to "warm up" the day of the test. Which games would you recommend taking the morning of to prepare myself to make inferences as quickly as possible?

Comments

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Do you blind review and fool proof your games? I would suggest doing one very easy game, maybe just setting up the game boards, and not necessarily going into the questions. You want your confidence to be at its highest that day, so choose something that you know you'll get 100% on.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

There are two ideas of warm up. Number one: To get your brain working and in the groove. Two: To inspire confidence in yourself and make you feel like you are going to kill games/ LSAT in general.
    So the “best” game(s) for you to warm up is a game or games you were able to complete under time with confidence and accuracy. Of games that you have seen I would choose one that has a strong association to you with success, the stronger the memory the better the choice. For example, maybe a miscellaneous game you figured out a successful game board for or a game that you successfully split for the first time.

I would recommend this approach for all three sections. For me personally I will choose a reading comp passage when I lead a large RC tutoring session successfully, I will choose an LR set that I went -0 and felt confident on and I will choose the Cd game to warm up with for LG. This is known to be a tough game but I was able to strongly and confidently solve that game the first time I saw it.

Good luck to you in January!

• AhmadinejadAhmadinejad Member
    46 karma

Are you applying this cycle? Just curious because I'm also taking it in Jan.

• maymemedlockmaymemedlock Free Trial Member
    5 karma

I picked the most recent game, and it was so hard I cried and had to rebuild my confidence. I agree that you should pick one you feel like you will do well on. Maybe go back to a really old prep test and find one you don't remember but scored well with.

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

@FindingSage can't agree more!
    the purpose of the warm-up before the test isn't so that you can learn a few things/skills quick right before the test.
    i personally made a problem set for my warm-up before the test. i knew i did not want to grade/review/study my warm-ups, so i also made sure that they were all my retakes which served those two purposes posted above.

good luck in jan!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

@"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" yes exactly, warm ups are not for learning and I wouldn’t time them or even score them. If people make a silly mistake and get a question wrong that is much better than someone losing confidence and questioning their abilities and going into the test distracted and constantly thinking about wrong questions.
    And yes making a problem set in advance or even printing out some materials is a good thing. I also wouldn’t print/ or make a problem set for an entire section. I personally found about 10 LR questions, I game and 1 RC passage to be more than adequate. And if you don’t finish all of it no big deal either you aren’t learning anything you are just trying to get yourself warmed up mentally and on your A game.