Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decision Status: Interview ??

My decision status for the university of Maryland says Interview, and I’m kind of confused about why. Do they interview people who they aren’t sure about if they want to admit? Because I am above both 75ths for that school. I scheduled the interview for January even though I don’t even really want to go there, so does anyone have any advice when it comes to an interview? Thanks

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Probably YP. Is this school for scholly leverage?

If so you're likely in the awkward position of them wanting to be convinced you'll actually matriculate when you have no intention of doing so.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

^^this also^^. Especially if you're over their 75ths.

In attending webinars for schools lately, I was a bit surprised that some schools mentioned that they interview EVERYONE they plan to offer an acceptance to. It just seems to be an additional layer of the process at those institutions. ... I don't know if it's because they just want to offer an acceptance to serious applicants only and not waste time???

Don't know. It's good that at least that you can schedule it out for January, in the hopes of hearing from other schools first.