PT2.S4.Q12 - Patients access to their medical records

BenjaminSakaBenjaminSaka Member
edited December 2020 in Logical Reasoning 214 karma

Can someone break down their thought process for this question for me? I can't seem to be able to read this question as is required. I picked E.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

Though they soon will, patients should not have the right to see their legal records for two reasons:

1. Giving them access wastes medical staff's time they could be spending on other duties.
    2. If my experience is anything to go by, no patients are going to ask for their records anyway.

Which of the following establishes that reason 2 does not cancel out reason 1?

In other words, given the correct AC, even if patients don’t ask for their records the fact that they have the right to access them will still waste staff time.

Answer A gives us this, as the files will need to be retrieved whether the patient asks for them or not. None of the other ACs do this.

The trick here and good lesson for any LR question is to have a clearly defined task or criteria for your answer choice. Great question even though you likely won't see something like this on a real test.