Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In desperate need of tutoring

shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
in Logic Games 157 karma

If anyone is or knows a tutor who would be willing to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Any sort of pricing is fine with me, as I have saved up a reasonable amount in preparation for a moment such as this.

I have been studying LSAT in general for more than a year and a half now and at least feel that I have a sound understanding of how LG works, but I have become inconsistent in my daily studies. I have been trying to get to the point where I know I can tackle most logic games in time, and reliably only miss a maximum of 4-5 on each LG section I take, but that has not been the case thus far. Like I said, I feel I have a sound understanding of how games work, it just seems that whenever one is put in front of me, I don't deliver. I do understand that not being consistent enough is very detrimental in LG especially, but I have been trying to recover from a crazy semester and let my mind be at ease. With that being said, I am ready to get back at every day consistency and am looking to score in the high 150s to the low 160s, so mastering LG would be huge for that score. Any help or referrals are greatly appreciated and everyone have a great end of the year.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2020 8318 karma

Give me a call. I'll DM my number. I want to see if I can diagnose any glaring issues and adjust your trajectory a bit before you start dumping money into a tutor. While this site is a great community, it's also open access, so just like say on reddit, if you just put yourself out there saying "someone come take my money" you need to be very careful about vetting a paid tutor.

Just because someone says they can help you doesn't mean they can.
    Scoring well on this test doesn't mean you can teach it.
    Teaching this test doesn't mean you can teach it well to a specific person.
    A good tutor is a smart investment. Everyone knows that which is why people try to pass themselves off as good tutors... especially in these times of economic hardship/uncertainty.

At the very least I can make sure you know what you should expect to get from a good tutor. Its the wild west and short of going with a vetted company (sometimes even then) anything can happen. I've seen too many people pay hundreds of dollars just to find they dont work well with a recommended tutor, or that they end up just running drills they could have done on their own... or worse, that the "tutor" was just full of shit.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@shannon_beaman1 I agree with everything @canihazJD said. Definitely take him up on that offer first.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi there,

We have a list of approved private tutors here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/68763

This is our required disclaimer: Please note that 7Sage takes no responsibility for anything that happens during these tutor sessions. We are unaffiliated with these tutors, and do not receive any commissions or kickbacks from them. We are not vouching for them in any way other than we expect they would make good tutors. To become a tutor, you must be either a star (⭐️) member or a Sage and be approved by 7Sage staff.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.