PT4.S4.Q24 - The brains of identical twins

ang_whitlockang_whitlock Core Member
edited January 2021 in Logical Reasoning 42 karma

How is D the answer? Why could genetics not be a possible way to determine schizophrenia in the future? - I selected C, but now see why that wasn't right, but not why D is the correct AC... #Help

Comments

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

The reason would be it directly contradicts the fact that the two are identical twins. They are genetically similar, and only one has schizophrenia.

This means that genetics can’t be used to determine schizophrenia as it contradicts the premises. It must be false

• ang_whitlockang_whitlock Core Member
    42 karma

I get it now. Thanks!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Yay good luck :)

• AlexJ_LSATAlexJ_LSAT Core Member
    141 karma

Thank you for bringing up this question! It helped me understand more about MBF questions.

• 6jellies6jellies Core Member
    4 karma

I understood why D could be the answer, but I was having trouble ruling out A since both answers deal with genetics. Auntie2020's response helped though, since although A does have to do with how genetics can factor in (and seems too strong), D goes directly against the premise by making genetics be the only determinant of schizophrenia. A could very well be true, because perhaps both twins did have the genetic predisposition, but only one got the damage that then enabled schizophrenia to emerge, and so genetics determines the initial susceptibility, but environmental factors determine whether or not the person develops it.