Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How accurate is the 7Sage scoring scale?

emmorensemmorens Core Member
in General 1470 karma

Hey all!

I'm taking the Jan flex next week and am shooting for a 160. I have been doing research and it appears that 54/76 points translates to a 160 on the flex. However, I was going through my Preptests on 7Sage and scored 54/76 on PT 81 which (on 7Sage) translated to a 158.

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which scoring scale is closer to the flex? Would love to know if anyone else has noticed something similar!

Comments

• taylorthehopefultaylorthehopeful Core Member
    69 karma

The LSAT is curved, so what gets you a 160 on one test may not necessarily get you a 160 on another. It's accurate.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @emmorens

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let us know if you have any further questions