Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score Cancellation

WallerNVWallerNV Member
edited January 2021 in General 61 karma

Can someone explain score cancellation? What is the purpose of it? Especially when we have not gotten our scores back? How would this effect the application process if we do cancel a score? Is there an overall advantage or disadvantage to to this process? What if I don't cancel but retake the LSAT in April and get a better score the second time around? Do I have to cancel in order to take another LSAT Flex? I took the Jan Flex and I feel like I didn't do as well as I wanted, but I still have some hope I did well. I'm spitballing the idea but I'm not sure what that means entirely.

Just looking for some clarification!
Thanks!

Comments

• CindycarCindycar Member
    20 karma

The purpose of it is to cancel within the given days if you feel like you either you did not perform well or maybe something drastic happened (you had a panic attack or something like that). These are reasons why I have seen people cancel. If you cancel, admissions will be able to see it was canceled and don't think it affects you too much.Some schools require addendums for score increases/cancellations just depends on the school. The worst case scenario you get a low score and then you retake again.. So I personally don't see the big deal. I think its mostly for people that probably had something huge happen the morning of where you just know it impacted your ability . I would also like to add that sometimes you just never know how you did on the lsat. People for the November exam that were going to cancel, stated they ended up getting good scores. Sometimes we are our worst critics. lol And no you can keep your score and take another Flex.