Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best supplimental lsat material?!

edited May 2015 in General 194 karma
Hi everyone!
What material would you recommend to supplement 7sage and in what order would you complete it relative to the 7sage curriculum and the practice tests!

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    cambridge drilling packets
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Agreed, the Cambridge packets give you a good number of problems to drill, but in terms of curriculum and understanding fundamentals, LSAT Trainer and Manhattan LR and RC are great supplemental strategy guides. While there will certainly be a good deal of overlap with 7Sage, looking at LR and RC from multiple viewpoints really helps in achieving mastery in those subjects. A lot of it depends on your learning style. Personally, I learn better by reading than from lecture (save LG, which 7Sage is by far superior at teaching).
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Cambridge packets x The Trainer
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'm for the LSAT Trainer and Cambridge packets. And of course all of the actual PTs now that you can't download them. I have the Manhattan books as well and although I think they'd help some people they didn't really add much for me. I guess if you're struggling on a few concepts the different point of view really helps.
  • crogaticrogati Member
    29 karma
    For logic help I took a Duke University's Think again: how to reason and argue course via Coursera.org for free! It helped my understanding of reading closely for underlying logic plus cause & effect, though I can't gauge that in points or results. I also studied from Lewis Carrol's Selected Mathematical Concepts: The Game of Logic (see Amazon); this helped me to move from particular to generalized ideas and back again. Again, I can't translate the understanding into points; though so far I improved about 20pts from my diagnostic by using those sources plus MLSAT and Powerscore. I would spent a lot of time drilling - I've lost valuable time & energy no doing so often enough.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    LSAT Trainer and Manhattan RC!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Cambridge packages for drilling.
    Lsat Trainer for Flaw and RC.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @crogati Superb tip on the Coursera course—will check it out for sure!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    LSAT Trainer