Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which schools require 12 pt font for Personal Statements?

Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Core Member
edited February 2021 in Law School Admissions 240 karma

Which schools require 12 pt fonts for personal statements? In my manual search, I haven't seen any so far. All seem to be okay with 11-pt font (Times New Roman).

Comments

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

Personally, I don't remember any school requiring 12 point font or any specific type of font. I do remember a number of schools specifying in their instructions portion/ personal statement section that the font should be no smaller than 11 point. That's about it though. I think you're generally fine with 11-12 point font Times New Roman. Some schools also have specifics for the resume so make sure to read all their instructions to be safe lol

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    edited February 2021 252 karma

I've been looking at the this year applications for schools I want to apply to next year and I found one that specifies 12 pt & 1-inch yaddayadda. It was the only one so far. It was a lower-tier school. It's amazing how different each prompt is for the PS.

You could try Helvetica Condensed or condense your font by 0.15 in word.

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

USC asks for at least 12 point font. But yeah, most of the schools I've looked at usually ask for at least 11 point font...it just depends on the school.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Washington and Lee does