Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Restrictions on Reading Out Loud During Test?

kewlgirliekewlgirlie Core Member
in General 23 karma

I've gone through the LSAC requirements and candidate agreement thoroughly. I've taken an online proctored test in a different educational area before and they strictly prohibited mouthing while reading or reading out loud during the test. I tend to do this as I'm reading. Are there any restrictions on this during the test that would cause a problem or for my test to be flagged if I do this during the flex?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

You cannot read aloud. You'd probably get away with talking under your breath here and there, but the proctor will stop you eventually, and you risk invalidating your test. If it is a medical necessity, I have heard of people getting read aloud accommodations.

• kewlgirliekewlgirlie Core Member
    23 karma

Ok, thank you!

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

On a tough question I started to read out loud to help parse the language and the proctor popped up and told me to stop. I read under my breath the entire exam with no problem.

• Legally TomdLegally Tomd Member
    19 karma

Can you explain "read under my breath?" Like whispering or mouthing the words?

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    edited February 2021 1687 karma

for me it is where I can hear the words in read aloud in my head, but if anyone was near me they would just hear excess air leaving my mouth or light wisps of sounds and see my lips moving. I think of kind of like whispering to myself.

• icefish66icefish66 Member
    9 karma

I did read out loud on my last Flex (/think out loud) quietly, and the proctor didn't ever say anything. It kind of just depends on the proctor and how loud you are.