Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Week: New Trend?

blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 3545 karma
Hello you beautiful, beautiful people. So, I've had a wonderful month or so of consistently okay scores. Not where I want to be by June but 3-5 points shy.

I'm now experiencing a dramatic decline across all sections in accuracy and I am FUHREAKING out (e.g., missing 5 per LR section when I had up until last week been averaging minus 4 total for LR). Needless to say I've been pacing like a mad woman who has something to hide because JUNE is now less than 5 weeks away.

Any kind words and/or suggestions would be much appreciated. Kind of at a loss for what to do because my blind review score is still the same, just not in my PTs or drills of timed sections. Merp. Knope out.

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 7468 karma
    Sounds like performance anxiety because I’m pretty sure you got your fundamentals down. Do you meditate?
  • basedvulpesbasedvulpes Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    What test #s are you using? I experienced the same thing when I switched from older tests to more modern tests, and I think it's fairly common.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Sounds to me like you may need a break, a couple of days off (maybe even a few?) can do wonders. I know it's difficult to do with a looming deadline but I really think it will help. This is anecdotal evidence of course but after pushing for months and months, I finally took a break for a few days and saw a big jump in score when I returned. Good luck! You can do it!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor : I do not meditated but have been more consistent about exercising. I should add meditation to the mix too

@basedvulpes: I'm in the 40s, 50s, and 60s (doing some from each). Shouldn't be because of shifting tests though because I was scoring consistently a few weeks ago across the 40s, 50s, and 60s. I specifically broke it up like that so I could account for variations in tests.

@bran0714: AHHH SO NERVOUS!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 7965 karma
    @blah170blah girl, take a break. It sounds like you're freaking yourself out and not doing yourself much good. Srsly. Go on a LSAT vacay = no 7sage forums, no TLS, no scantrons ... don't even think about LSATs, no talking about them, and if you watch Legally Blonde during this vacay you *must* fast forward thru the LSAT part (even though that might be the best part of the movie).

What if you did a 48 hour LSAT vacay and regroup? Go get your nails done, go to the beach, eat extra bacon. Treat yo'self. And return refreshed and in a better place to gauge your standing.

Do it sooner rather than later ... meaning nao! Chill chill and then PT60 for Saturday BR group :D We will be SO encouraging, you have no idea ...

First watch this for ideas.

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Do you workout?
    RELAX! lol
    Also, are you still taking at least a day off to avoid burn out?
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 Y E S. Take one day of seven and intentionally devote it to rest. I started doing this on Sundays a while ago and it has vastly improved my outlook and frankly performance (overall) as well. Not that Sundays off should be seen simply as a means to an end, but in taking this "risk" of "losing" a whole day, I haven't suffered at all. What's more, I now LOOK FORWARD to resuming LSAT study on Monday.

I *love* LSAT, much more than I did before. I chalk it up to taking Sundays off and also the delightful friends I have made here on 7sage and our study/BR groups.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Of course your brain needs it. Who wants to do the same thing every single day without a break?
    3545 karma
    Guys, I took a few hour break in between studying and it was glorious! :) Also, if you ever need good break material, I just watched an hour's worth of white house correspondent dinner roasts and laughed SO HARD that I think I made people mad in the library. Getting them good feels going before it's back to the books!
    7965 karma
    @blah170blah HOW DARE YOU ... Just kidding, you were probably pretty entertaining for your onlookers :) as long as you're ok with being a public source of entertainment ... ;)
    edited May 2015 3545 karma
    Always @nicole.hopkins, always. (Whateva whateva I do what I want)
    7965 karma
    Haha ... !!