Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule

mhouraney2018mhouraney2018 Live Member
in General 10 karma

Hi everyone! My name is Marium, I have been studying for the LSAT using the LSAT trainer as well as Khan Academy since last September. I recently decided to take a gap year after I graduate Spring 2022, so I'm no longer stressed about taking the LSAT this summer like I originally planned. I'm hoping to take it this Fall, and then possibly again in April 2022 (which is the goal date I put into the course schedule).
My question is, am I able to skip over lessons in this course? I feel like I already know a lot seeing as I've been studying since September. Of course there is much to improve on which is why I signed up for 7sage because I'm determined to get a score in the 170s range and I want to take advantage of as many study sources as possible. I'm a very busy person and don't know if ill have the time to devote to subjects in this course that I feel I'm already good at, so I really would love some advice on how to craft my study schedule as someone who has already been studying for a while.
Thank you!

Comments

• elliaddaganelliaddagan Member
    144 karma

It really depends on where you are lacking and what sections you can get the most points. Generally speaking though, I believe that JY's videos on Logic Games cannot be beat. I would start there and make sure to go through all of the Logic Games section of the syllabus. Good luck!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited February 2021 4306 karma

Hey Marium, first and foremost welcome to 7Sage! I also started off studying with the LSAT Trainer and was half way through the book before finding 7sage. I too also put 1 year in advance on my study schedule and was hesitant at first to go through every single lesson because I felt like I already had a pretty solid understanding thanks to the Trainer. What I soon recognized after doing a few lessons was; 1) JY goes more depth on certain topics (like SA/NA) and is really concise and clear, 2) What I thought I had a solid understanding was really just surface level compared to what I learned after JY's lessons and 3) I was retaining more because I'm a visual learner (this point only matters if you think you learn better visually then just reading plain text).

So with that here are a few tips I'd recommend based on similar experiences:

1) It may be worthwhile to just go through all the lessons (jumping around if thats your chosen method). It'll either reinforce what you already know or add new knowledge. Neither of which is a bad thing :wink:
    1b) I actually really appreciated having a background in some of the topics because it didn't make learning the material feel difficult
    2) Less is more-I also wanted to devote my time to gathering all the best study material I was seeing people reference to but truth be told, mixing strategies and materials can get confusing and stressful. Maybe this is a bias opinion but I don't think anything compares or comes close to 7Sage. The other material you find will complement 7Sage for sure, but they aren't material that can be solely depended on.
    3) To answer your question, yes you can skip lessons and bounce around. Just remember that the lessons are built in a particular way to increase your foundations one by one, so if you skip around you might feel a bit lost because you didn't do the previous lesson (that sometimes JY will refer to).

I hope this helps but if not there are always others that give great advice that might work better for you!