Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many pt a week?

shibaENUshibaENU Core Member
in General 102 karma

Hey guys,

So I just started taking pts and doing blind reviews. It took me 5 days to solve and complete blind review pt1. but I think i can do two PTs a week. how many pt a week js realistic? I am doing lsat full tjme. And my goal is to take the october tesr. thank yyou!!!

Comments

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    1050 karma

I’ve seen the recommendation on here at 2 PTs a week. That’s going to be my goal when I get to that point next month. My one qualification would be to not hold yourself in at a certain number a week if you find yourself hitting a plateau, especially since you have until October. I would think it’s better to take the time to do outside drilling and come up with a new game plan if you take a bunch of PTs and don’t see improvement.

• shibaENUshibaENU Core Member
    102 karma

@"Burden.of.Floof" thanks!! how long have you been studying?

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    edited February 2021 1050 karma

@alexkoo095 I officially started studying in June 2020. (That's when I took my cold diagnostic) I did LSAT Trainer and a few other books until I decided to make a bigger commitment with 7sage in August.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    edited February 2021 831 karma

@alexkoo095 Have you used the include "Study Schedule?" you can set your test date and it will give you a schedule of what to complete each week, makes it nice and simple. I've just started taking PT's and am taking the June test so it has me taking 3 PT's a week. so by June I'll have completed 50+ tests.

• Also, have you completed the whole core curriculum?
    102 karma

@andrew.rsn oh I see I see thats awesome. imma try that. and yes ive fjnished the whole core ciriculum. how long have u been studying for?

• mmmandm89mmmandm89 Member
    8 karma

If I do 2-3 a week, either the second or third is a lower score. You can overload your brain, so just see how you're performing.

102 karma

@"Burden.of.Floof" yeah same. i started in June. It took me a while to digest all the concepts to start pt. when r u planning on taking the test?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2021 8318 karma

I think 1-2 a week is good. I personally did 1 a week. My opinion is that if you squeeze in 3 a week, you are not extracting all the value to be had from those PTs. The focus should not be on volume/frequency, but quality of your prep work. The PT gives you the data... then you get to work.

102 karma

@canihazJD thanks for the reply dude. I think ill stick to 2 and focus on quality over quantity. how long did it take dor you to conquer lsat?

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@alexkoo095 said:
    Hey guys,

So I just started taking pts and doing blind reviews. It took me 5 days to solve and complete blind review pt1. but I think i can do two PTs a week. how many pt a week js realistic? I am doing lsat full tjme. And my goal is to take the october tesr. thank yyou!!!

One.

I guess for me the ideal study breakdown would be:

30% Core Curriculum/targeted practice by question type
    50% Social reinforcement through study group or tutoring
    20% Practice Test; combine with social study if possible

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2021 8318 karma

@alexkoo095 said:
    It took me 5 days to solve and complete blind review pt1.

I just saw this. Do not go faster than your current ability allows. In every area of this test, including your pace of prep, you cannot force speed. Speed is a product of mastery, and there is nothing on this test that you can do badly fast enough to get a good score. You have to do everything slow first... then slow and right, and speed will come.

If your timed run + BR is taking 5 days, then you need to be doing less than 1 a week in my opinion... maybe every 10-ish days to allow for review, drilling, and rest days.

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited March 2021 1320 karma

If you are way below your target score: 0-1. If you are close to the target 1-2, if you are above 1-5. And the lower your target score is the lesser the number of PT you should (can) take. For example, if I'm getting -5 for a PT I need an hour to review the mistakes, but if -25 much more hours (days). Exception if timed sections taken separately show that you're getting the target. In general: you can't substitute timed/untimed drills and learning fundamentals for doing PT.