Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading the Test Rules for the LSAT

I remember having to read the test rules before beginning my LSAT-Flex. I want to do this each time before I begin my preptest. Does anyone have the link for this? Thank you!

Comments

• d.h.isaisd.h.isais Member
    113 karma

Ehh... Honestly, I just wouldn't do it. Just learn the rules in advance and don't worry about reading them on test day. Seriously, you should reserve every single ounce of mental energy on the actual test, not its rules.

• @"d.h.isais" said:
    Ehh... Honestly, I just wouldn't do it. Just learn the rules in advance and don't worry about reading them on test day. Seriously, you should reserve every single ounce of mental energy on the actual test, not its rules.

But on test day, the proctor makes you read them before you start the test. (I took the feb flex). So I want to get into a habit when the day comes again.

• What I am saying is, I already know the rules, they are so obvious, and since the proctors require you to read them to start the exam, I want to read them as a habit for each prep-test I do.

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

Curious, but how do the proctors require you to read them? I haven't taken the LSAT yet

• 1952 karma

i have a vague memory of my flex administration now, but i also remember the proctor making me read something before the test started. i don't think it was the test instruction. i want to bet that it was the "certifying statement."

back in the old paper test era, people used to sign the certifying statement on their scantron bubble sheet. now that the test shifted online, i think they're making people to read the statement out loud before starting their test.

is this what you're looking for?

I certify that I am the examinee whose name appears on this answer sheet and that I am here to take the LSAT for the sole purpose of being considered for admission to law school. I further certify that I will neither assist nor receive assistance from any other candidate, and I agree not to copy, retain, or transmit examination questions in any form or discuss them with any other person.

(page 33 of https://www.lsac.org/sites/default/files/legacy/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf)

• Exactly what I need, thank you!

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

Just to be superrr clear, but reading this doesn't count against the time for the exam, correct?