Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to Do the Week Before the LSAT

LSATnattyLSATnatty Member
in General 20 karma

Hello!

I'm taking the April LSAT and am curious how I should treat the week before the test? Are there any recommended approaches?

Thanks!

Comments

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Following

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    edited March 2021 360 karma

I'd set a routine now and follow that routine! Routine can help keep nerves calm. For me, I exercise for about 30 minute (I'm a runner so running is what I do), eat a good breakfast, decompress for a bit (I like to watch something funny for about 15 minutes), and then do a warmup routine. For me and for test day that will be doing a LG I like that's easy, reviewing 3-4 LR ?s I like that are also easy, and reading a paragraph or two of an RC passage (no ?S) though. Whatever helps get your mind and body ready for the LSAT is a great way to go, and consistency helps. I tend to be overly nervous so I have to find things that actually get my adrenaline down a bit.

I have heard other people that like to meditate, go for walks, drink coffee, go for a drive, whatever helps you get in a good headspace. Just try and set up that routine as best you can now and practice it in the coming weeks with PTs to see what helps you!

**Also, for that week, try and keep routine as well. If I've learned anything about the LSAT it's that cramming does not work, ha ha. So try and find ways to keep fresh without cramming new information in or learning everything in a week. For me that will look like taking a full PT the saturday before and then spending an hour or so each day the week of reviewing and practicing. Some people recommend even taking the full day or two before your test off of studying completely. Again, practice now and see what works best or follow the pattern that's worked for you in the past.

• LSATnattyLSATnatty Member
    20 karma

@brookegojazz Thanks so much for your detailed advice!