Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about room scan

slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member

Hi, has anyone here taken LSAT Flex before and know how this room scan thing works? I know I have to clear my desk, but do I have to clear my shelf and drawers as well?

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

hello, no I do not believe so, as long as you cannot reach them then or they are behind you and you are not facing them you should be fine. So what happens with the scan is that the proctor will ask you to show your desk, paper(s), pencil(s), under your desk, under your chair, then they will as you to show the front of your computer you can do this with a mirror or you can use the front camera on your phone, if you use your phone they ask you to turn it off and then put it in a place you cannot easily access(I put mine on the picture frame behind me). Finally they will ask you to slowly show the whole room. After the check is done they will take you too the law hub website where you will type in your LSAC user and password, then they will type their code and once they do that you are ready to start once you click the start exam button.
    Best of luck on the up coming exam!!

• slxyzvvv-1slxyzvvv-1 Member
    120 karma

Thank you this really helps!

• mitchell-5mitchell-5 Member
    100 karma

If you want a definitive answer, just call LSAC and they will be very clear. The main issues is that you can't have any other electronic devices in the room, other than your computer. Liquids and food are prohibited as well. Books and papers can be in the room but store or tucked away, such as on a book shelf or stacked on the floor.

• Heidi0715-1Heidi0715-1 Live Member
    52 karma

Good luck on the test! I'm taking it this weekend too. First time test taker. Gulp.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited April 2021 990 karma

You’ve to scan your desk and make sure there is nothing on the desk besides your laptop, pencil, lamp (if you need it) and four pieces of scratch paper. The proctor never asked me to open the drawers. She did tell me to put my water bottle room outside of the room. I scanned the room and there was a tv behind me. As I said, they’re watching you and as long the tv is shut off and you’re not reaching for other things, you’re fine.

• 37 karma

I am planning on using an external monitor which I am hooking up to my MacBook Air. I don't know if this is going to be a problem, because the MacBook will be side by side with the monitor. I am also planning on using a wireless mouse (again, don't know if the Proctors will tell me to put it away).

• gfshaffergfshaffer Member
    2 karma

@brggallagher external monitors are not permitted and they will check.
    Good luck. I'm taking it on Sunday

• JaniceNixonJaniceNixon Free Trial Member
    edited March 2023 2 karma

Hey there, I'm new to this forum but I just wanted to chime in about the room scan process. It sounds like you've got a good handle on what to expect during the scan. Just remember to double-check your desk and make sure there's nothing on it besides your laptop, pencil, lamp, and scratch paper.
    As for scanning the room, make sure to show the proctor everything they ask for, including the front of your computer and the entire room. And if you're worried about privacy, you could try using Smart Engines SDK to automate the scanning process and ensure that no sensitive information is captured.

• alishakihn1alishakihn1 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

The LSAT Flex is a remote version of the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) that was introduced during the COVID-19 pandemic. LSAT Flex typically requires test-takers to complete a room scan before beginning the exam. The purpose of the room scan is to ensure test security and prevent any unauthorized materials or assistance during the exam.
    While specific requirements may vary, generally, you are typically required to do a visual sweep of your testing area with your webcam or mobile device camera. The purpose is to show that there are no prohibited materials or resources within reach that could aid you during the exam. This includes items on your desk, nearby surfaces, and within your immediate reach.
    It is advisable to follow the instructions provided by the LSAT Flex proctoring service or the organization administering the exam to ensure compliance. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the room scan procedure, it is best to consult the official LSAT Flex guidelines or contact the LSAT Flex support team for accurate and up-to-date information.Flappy Bird

• sulo16720sulo16720 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

I have no words to express my gratitude for this post....I am truly impressed by this post...the author of this post was an exceptional individual.Thank you for revealing this to us.We appreciate your willingness to share information with us. fnaf unblocked