Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the room requirements/scan for Flex

jadeite97jadeite97 Member

Hi guys, taking the April LSAT and I saw on the LSAC website a requirement stating something along the lines of 'no electronic devices (other than the computer for taking the test and the phone for check-in) are allowed in the room'. Unfortunately, my initial plan was to take the test in my office at work as it's one of the only quiet and undisturbed places I have access to, and while the space has very high cubicle walls and the computers can all easily be powered off and slightly moved around, some screens would still be visible if asked to do a sweep of the whole room. There's also a giant flat screen TV nailed to one of the walls (it's never on, but it definitely can't be moved).

I'm guessing LSAC wouldn't allow me to test in this space and I should change my plans?

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited April 2021 4300 karma

I've listened to a few podcast that mention students being "flagged" for having TV monitors mounted on the wall. However, they mention that LSAC reviews the reasons for being flagged and as long as they see that the TV was never turned on or tampered with the flag gets removed. Not entirely sure if that's the case every single time though. You're probably better off testing in another space if you don't want to be worried about getting flagged for computer monitors and TV screens.

• italian_tacoitalian_taco Member
    158 karma

They also just make sure that things are arm's length away from you. So like if there's a giant TV that's off and far away from you then it should be fine.

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

Maybe it's ok if you throw a towel over it? I haven't tried this myself though, sorry

• LilithdeSadeLilithdeSade Member
    4 karma

Following. I will be testing in a home office type of area and am wondering if I need to remove all monitors and CPUs before starting.