Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lsat test day strategy

Hi guys! Taking the LSAT at 2pm today. I was wondering if you had any advice you are willing to share as to what your LSAT test day warm up is? I want to perform well on this test and I do not want to study too much or too the little morning of. Advice? What works best for you??? perform

Comments

• slfhyo0517slfhyo0517 Member
    edited April 2021 8 karma

First of all, good luck! I usually do one game, (not the whole section) and a few LR questions. I went with the easy ones just to boost confidence and set my mental pace (if that makes sense).

• edited April 2021 540 karma

My routine for a timed PT starts the day before as follows:

Day before

Mindfulness

Workout

No coffee after 1:00 p.m.

Don’t read books

Don’t consume alcohol

Sleep at 9:00 p.m. sharp

Day of

Wake up at 5:30 a.m.

Mindfulness

Coffee

Workout

Shower

Breakfast

Warm up: Games (1 easiest game)

Warm up: RC (1 easiest passage)

Warm up: LR (3 - 5 easiest problems)

Start the exam around 8:00 a.m.

During break, use the bathroom and eat something

Write down the PT observations after the sections are over

• 424 karma

The advice above is great! I wanna really emphasize the workout part - you can do that today! Studies are clear that even 20 minutes of moderate exercise before a standardized test significantly improves cognitive function. I personally don’t “warm up”by doing problems before my tests, but YMMY. Still, I’d really encourage you to get 20-30 minutes of exercise in! And make sure you monitor your caffeine / non-water intake, as you don’t want to be hit by the urge to use the restroom 10 minutes into the test!

The reader’s version: https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/taking-test-boost-your-performance-quick-workout-beforehand/

One study: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028393217304591?via=ihub

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Also- prepare mentally that even once you "sign in" at whatever time that it can be a WHILE before you actually start the test. My proctor couldn't figure out how to hear me so tech support had to get on, reboot, and reinstall their software. Oh, and the proctor made me REARRANGE my office nook so my back was to a door. So I didn't start the test till nearly 1115 and was totally thrown off my game.

I highly agree with some exercise the morning of an exam too!! Always a help mentally