Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DBZ anyone?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
in General 14039 karma

Comments

• visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Better than the movie but further proof that DBZ is tricky in live action.
  • EmergingAttorney180EmergingAttorney180 Alum Member
    133 karma
    Favorite character, JY?
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited May 2015 14039 karma
    I know right it's hard to do live action treatment DBZ but I think this is the best by a long stretch that I've ever seen it done. I thought the effects were decent but something else I'm not sure what it is, the cutting? The camera angles / moves? Something allowed it to capture the intensity from the anime. The acting... meh. But! You know I think they did this on a tiny budget so kudos!

Goku is my favorite character.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I agree, and they have that Indiegogo campaign to make more episodes which they promise to be much better so that'd be cool.

One thing thats better than the anime is the lack of a whole episode of grunting and staring at each other (or is that what future epsiodes will be like..).
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma
    Hahahahaha! An entire episode, no joke.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited May 2015 12637 karma
    Oh man, I grew up on DBZ. Future Trunks was my favourite (besides Vegeta). Badass dudes.

Kind of hope they do a full episode of Goku charging up his Kamehameha just for shits & giggles.

• kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 275 karma
    Does this mean you're excited for Dragonball Super, JY? Toriyama is writing it!