Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regression in performance across the board

fullstopfullstop Member
in General 169 karma

So I'd taken the April LSAT and scored a 166 - it was higher than I'd gotten on PTs [late 70s and the entirety of the 80s] on which I'd been averaging 164-165. But the issue is that my average has dropped to 161 on the three recent tests I've taken, which are from the 60s series.

Should I go back to tests in the 70s to see if there's a change in pattern that benefited me, or is 161 a reflection of my level at the moment?

Comments

• FloridaManFloridaMan Core Member
    139 karma

You could be suffering from burnout. I would take a break and come back to it later.

• Arman080Arman080 Member
    165 karma

Don't let the scores get to your head. I got a 169 a while back and got 160 to 165 the next 5 PTs. I got another 169 3 days ago. To be honest with you, sometimes you coinflip a couple questions and end up peaking then going back to an average. For me personally that was my biggest nightmare, that my 169 was pure luck. Try to not burn out and not obsess over your test scores, try to instead see how confident you are after every test. That's what I did and I got another 169 that I can confidently say I earned. Analysing your scores can be beneficial, but the improvement over time is more important