PT2.S2.Q17 - The advanced technology of ski boots...

MorganlynneMorganlynne Core Member
edited May 2021 in Logical Reasoning 5 karma

I do not understand why answer choice A is an incorrect answer choice. According to the passage, more incidents of injuries occurred on the ski slopes in 1950 than occurred in 1980. The question stem then asks which answer choice most conflicts with the passage. Answer choice A basically states the opposite of what is claimed in the passage, yet it is not the correct answer choice... I know I must be misinterpreting something here. I am just not sure what.

I also do see how answer choice B (the correct answer choice) is also viable and correct.

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question"

Comments

• castronecastrone Member
    210 karma

which question is this

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

A is not inconsistent with the stimulus. The number of injuries per 1000 decreased, but that doesn't mean the overall number of injuries decreased. The direction could easily go the other way if the overall number of skiers increased. You are committing a "cookie cutter" numbers vs. percentages flaw.

B on the other hand conflicts with the first sentence. Chance of injury was more in 1950.