Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled today’s test 15 min in

tairnphertairnpher Free Trial Member
edited June 2021 in General 15 karma

Comments

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

I’m so sorry that happened to you. I also took the June LSAT and found the wording of the games much different than the first 40 PTs. I had a moment where I wanted to quit, as it was my first section.

I suggest focusing on the later LG games and getting to the point where they’re fun. (I’m not there yet, but I’ve heard it’s possible!)

Good luck!

• zoomzoomzoomzoom Member
    462 karma

Hey I'm in a very similar boat like you. I've taken the exam multiple times and am gearing for a final retake this fall.

The best advice I've received regarding test-day is to find a way to reduce the anxiety leading up to the exam and learn breathing drills to cope with the pressure on test-day. This is very doable and will probably require some research.

The LSAT is not some history exam where if you don't study, you'll forget a lot of information. It's a skills test and it won't go away as easily as you think. So if you are PT'ing 168-172, you clearly know the material. You just have to add that final layer of finding a way to be calm and relaxed.

I've always found that my highest PT scores come when I don't dread the LSAT and have taken time to eat/sleep/exercise well.

You know the material so you got this! Just work on that mental side and you will fulfill your test potential!

• 61 karma

I am sorry your test day experience went like this. I hope you are able to take some time for yourself first before jumping back into studying. At the end of the day, this is just a test. It is literally just 76 questions. And moving forward, working on sitting at ease with the anxiety is probably something that can help.
    Best of luck to you and I know you will do so many great things regardless of your score or the school you got into!