Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of RC help

Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
edited June 2021 in Reading Comprehension 2249 karma

So I have been following the memory method as best I can but this strategy seems to fall flat when it comes to the more difficult RC passages. I have particular trouble on two of them and would like to know if anyone can pitch in. Both are from the Hard Reading Comprehension Problem Set 3. I've watched the explanation videos discussing the passage and questions for both but the videos glaze over several issues I had understanding the passage. I've also looked for explanations on other sites but have found them to be extremely fragmented and incomplete. I also tried study groups, both group and individual, and have found them to be about as helpful as those outside sites because we end up butting heads on the same answer choices and are unable to come to a real resolution. I have tried putting the passages away for a few weeks but got the exact same questions wrong when re-attempting them...and I've tried asking for help in the comments below the videos but have received no responses...I had my hopes up a few weeks back because I had two individuals on the forum reach out to me stating they were willing to help, but one has not responded to my messages since and the other that did respond is now permanently unavailable.

I have my own thoughts on each of the questions but have no one to check these thoughts with so I am fumbling around in the dark here so would appreciate any help

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Just post the passage/questions here and your issues with them, and see if someone's response resonates with you a bit more.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

This forum's alright for general questions and maybe LR and LG, but you're pretty much on your own when it comes to RC.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Just post the passage/questions here and your issues with them, and see if someone's response resonates with you a bit more.

Believe me, I've tried.