Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Whether to retake in August or Oct? - 7Sage Forum

Whether to retake in August or Oct?

lxspencerlxspencer Member
in General 11 karma

Hi everyone, I just received my first LSAT score, which is 161...My practice score was ranging between 163-168, so I feel I need retake it. I have a full-time job and my goal would be 170s. Do you recommend me to take it in August or October?

Thanks!

Comments

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

I would retake it in August. Do you feel like the test was harder than say May2020 test?

• samksamk Core Member
    60 karma

Wow this sounds like me (score range, full time job) and I just signed up for the August. Might as well give yourself a chance to score within your pt range is what I am thinking. I am not as stressed about studying tons more, as I feel like it is more about controlling my emotions and practicing smarter, not harder!

• lxspencerlxspencer Member
    11 karma

@"Cynthia-2" said:
    I would retake it in August. Do you feel like the test was harder than say May2020 test?

I do not feel this is harder than May 2020

11 karma

@samk said:
    Wow this sounds like me (score range, full time job) and I just signed up for the August. Might as well give yourself a chance to score within your pt range is what I am thinking. I am not as stressed about studying tons more, as I feel like it is more about controlling my emotions and practicing smarter, not harder!

Have the same feeling and might take Aug 2021! I just feel I need to change my strategy a little bit.

• nikjeffnikjeff Core Member
    edited June 2021 7 karma

Hi! Your question really resonates with me and I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat. I took the June LSAT for the first time and got a 163, even though my practice tests had been in the 165-170 range. I 100% self studied with Khan Academy, and only today after getting a 163 did I make the shift to 7Sage. Do you think I should take the Aug or Oct? I have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed with the idea of going through most of the 7Sage curriculum in a little over a month. I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this!

11 karma

@nikjeff said:
    Hi! Your question really resonates with me and I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat. I took the June LSAT for the first time and got a 163, even though my practice tests had been in the 165-170 range. I 100% self studied with Khan Academy, and only today after getting a 163 did I make the shift to 7Sage. Do you think I should take the Aug or Oct? I have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed with the idea of going through most of the 7Sage curriculum in a little over a month. I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this!

I only took 10% of the courses. I admit they are helpful but too long! Maybe you can take a few of your weakest parts? I might take it again in Aug because studying through July, Aug, September sounds so stressful and I plant to start preparing the application in September.