Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSDAS GPA

nordeendnordeend Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 349 karma
I have a couple of questions regarding how LSAC calculates our GPAs.

1st: Will they take any addendum into consideration or is that reserved solely for law school admissions?

2nd: What do the three passing, four passing and 5 point fields mean on the 7sage calculator? Are they credit hours?

Thanks and my average of my first 3 PTs after the course is 164 from a 152 diagnostic! Encouragement---go go go!!!

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    No, addendums are for Law Schools, LSAC takes the transcripts and only the transcripts to calculate the gpa... as far as the 7sage calculator (I never used it sooo) I would assume if you dont know what those are then you dont have to worry about it. I would assume those are there for people whose schools grade a certain way (remember, schools all across the country calculate GPA in various ways so gotta accommodate them as well)
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    On LSAC's website they have a couple pages on how they calculate your UGPA....I assume this would be for everyone
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    well yeah Im sure they have a standard and even way of calculating it but those calculations would account for different ways of grading. They use all college level classes and therefor transcripts from any school you have classes from... for some schools the GPA is attained using letters, some 100 scale, and so on so LSAC needs to account for that.