Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will 7sage Offer a Simulation for the 4 Section LSAT?

j.harrisonj.harrison Member
edited July 2021 in General 57 karma

Hello to anyone working at 7sage. Is there anything in the pipeline that will add an experimental section to the PTs?

Comments

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

Following.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Following

• LSAT LizardLSAT Lizard Alum Member
    331 karma

I would love to see a feature like this but it seems like a flawless way to do it would be impossible.

The problem is that LSAC doesn't release experimental sections (which makes sense because future nonexperimental sections will be made from those questions). We have lots of extra LR sections because the pre-flex test had two of those sections, so simulating the four section test with a double LR section is easy (and already the default for preptests on 7Sage). But if you want to properly simulate the experimental section with a chance of having a LG or RC section... where is that section going to come from?

The best you can do is to cannibalize a different test, which either means 1) you've seen the experimental section before in a previous preptest or 2) you can never take that other preptest without it including a section you've already seen.

• michael_mmichael_m Member
    20 karma

Excellent question/suggestion. I'd also like to see this feature implemented.

• 571 karma

I agree with @Tennysoj , it doesn't seem like there is a practical application for something like this.

I think your best bet here is to sacrifice a couple of PTs to only use their sections in opposition to taking the whole thing at once. Then, you can use the problem set feature on 7Sage to add 3 sections from the PT you want to take and then adding a random section from that former list of PTs you would theoretically sacrifice. Unfortunately, you will probably see the section types, so it would still not be the best if you are trying to simulate the actual test.

• tamjg1564tamjg1564 Member
    31 karma

I have been using the pre-flex tests in order to simulate the 4 section test , but does that mean that the fourth section is being counted in my score? I was under the impression that that was now simulated as the experimental but I believe that I could easily be wrong. Should I be clicking the box to simulate flex so that it does not impact my score?

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited July 2021 686 karma

@"j.harrison" said:
    Hello to anyone working at 7sage. Is there anything in the pipeline that will add an experimental sectional to the PTs?

I generally create a problem set with a section from an older exam when I "Simulate Flex" on 7Sage just for stamina purposes, but now that the upcoming Flex's will include an experimental section, I agree -- it would be nice to have an "automated" way to do it on here.

@tamgutic said:
    I have been using the pre-flex tests in order to simulate the 4 section test , but does that mean that the fourth section is being counted in my score? I was under the impression that that was now simulated as the experimental but I believe that I could easily be wrong. Should I be clicking the box to simulate flex so that it does not impact my score?

If you don't select "Simulate Flex," your fourth section will be included in the calculation. Released PT's are generally scaled from a score based on 99-101 questions total. I believe the May 2020 test is only the exception on here.

From what I understand, "Simulate Flex" estimates a fourth section score by averaging how well you did on the three sections you took.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"j.harrison" said:
    Hello to anyone working at 7sage. Is there anything in the pipeline that will add an experimental sectional to the PTs?

Hi there,

Yes, we are currently looking into this. Unfortunately, we don't have a roll-out date or any other details yet. Sorry!

• j.harrisonj.harrison Member
    57 karma

Okay, thank you, please just keep us updated!

@"Juliet - 7Sage" said:

@"j.harrison" said:

Hi there,

Yes, we are currently looking into this. Unfortunately, we don't have a roll-out date or any other details yet. Sorry!

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    1417 karma

@"Juliet - 7Sage" thank ya Juliette ya awesome ;)